Sanmaurs Siamese are raised with love in our home to be loved and cherished in yours! Our cats are not raised in cages and we take great personal pride in the kitten you are about to acquire.
Some helpful hints:
- Never ever, let your cat outside! This will dramatically reduce life span. There are so many dangers one curious cat can get into; it would take pages to name.
- Watch what kind of houseplants you have, as some are highly toxic to cats. Dieffenbachia and Holly are just a few but it is best to consult your vet or CFA site for further information.
- Keep your cat groomed; this will eliminate hairballs. You can hand groom or brush on a daily basis and this will also create a bond that no one will break! Make it a special time, 10 minutes, and you will be rewarded with love beyond belief. It is also a good practice to keep claws cut once a month. Your kitten is used to this and continuing the practice won't be difficult.
- Food is very important. Cats are carnivorous by nature so meat is an extremely important part of their diet. We like to boil Amish chicken, bone it, and feed; also mixing it in with a quality can food such as Royal Canin will make for happy kittens. You can boil one chicken and have it last for almost a week to mix with canned food. Feed a good quality dry food such as Innova. Anything with meat-by-products in the first three ingredients is a death warrant for your animal, be it cat or dog!!! Purchase only foods with meat and/or vegetables in the first three ingredients. Be sure to give plenty of fresh water; nothing less than daily.
- These are only a few steps to prolong a viable and healthy life for your pet; consult your veterinarian for additional steps! Regular checkups and boosters are recommended every 2-3 years. You can check protection level with a titer test. Proper care for teeth is also recommended.
If you follow these simple steps, you will enjoy a long and healthy life with your pet. Congratulations and Enjoy!